We are looking to hire a senior security engineer with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cybersecurity methodologies. Senior security engineers are expected to have meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure, and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, a senior security engineer must display an excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, and Security Audits. Top candidates will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems, and troubleshooting of the network in AWS cloud.
- Develop security solutions to prevent threats: This includes specific programming to block hackers, antivirus protection, and firewalls.
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organization’s data, systems, and networks.
- Work collaboratively with the team to identify top areas of risk and vulnerabilities.
- Troubleshooting security and network problems.
- Responding to all system and/or network security breaches.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities
- Minimum Four (4) years of experience in developing security solutions, Intrusion detection, incident response, security monitoring, and vulnerability management systems.
- An exceptional understanding of scripting and source code programming languages, such as Java, Python.
- Experience with incident response procedures from preparation to recovery.
- Experience using AWS, Azure AD, Elastic, Kibana, New Relic or Splunk Enterprise Security (ES), and other Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools.
- Experience using vulnerability assessment tools such as Burp Suite is required.
- Knowledge of information security management frameworks, such as SOC-2, ISO/IEC 27001 and NIST.
- Familiarity with enterprise security principles and best practices, including a working knowledge of endpoint security, network security, and cloud security.
- Experience building threat models.
- Track record of implementing and deploying security solutions.
- Ability to understand business needs and develop solutions that are empathetic to people’s experiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and can translate security objectives to cross-functional partners.
- Experience using data to inform decisions and familiarity with quantified risk.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Cyber security, or related